Voroncovo Pole Street (in 1935-1994 Obukha Street) runs from Pokrovsky and Yauzsky boulevards to Zemlyanoy Val Street.
In the 14th century there was Voroncovo village. It was a patrimony of the Voroncovs-Velyaminovykhs boyars surrounded by forests.
The 1812 Fire of Moscow did not affect Voroncovo Pole and during the 19th century the street preserved church-merchant household and the existing lifestyle.
In the Soviet times at the corners of Boulevard Ring and Garden Ring were built tower blocks that stand far from the drive way and the street preserves its patriarchal two-storeyed look.