Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 Khitrovskaya Square 

 
 

     Khitrovskaya Square is a square in Moscow centre on the territory of Bely Grad. Up to 1917 it was a part of Myasnitsky district of the city. The square was built and given to the city in 1824 by major-general N.Z.Khitrovo who paid for it and improved this part of Moscow after the 1812 Fire of Moscow. The name of the square originates from the name of its creator. Khitrovskaya Square is a compositional centre of a cultural object that represents important historical heritage - the point of interest "Khitrovka" is situated on the place of one of the most ancient settlements of Viatichi - Podkopaevo. It is an archaeologic memorial that is guarded regionally.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru