Boulevard ring is an uninterrupted consequence of boulevards and squares. The ring does not make up a closed circle - in the west it ends near Prechistenskie Vorota Square, in the east - near Bolshoy Ustiinsky Bridge. The length of Boulevard Ring is more than 9 km.
Boulevard Ring originated instead of demolished walls and towers of Bely Grad. At the end of the 18th century the city grew and Belgorodskaya Wall lost its defensive purpose and in 1770-1780 the wall was demolished and boulevards were founded instead. The first boulevard (Tverskoy) was founded in 1796 after the project of architect S.Karin. The ring was made up after 1812.
In 1978 Boulevard ring was announced a memorial of par and garden art.