The monument to Georgy Zhukov created by sculptor V.M. Klykov was established in Moscow on Manezhnaya Square on the 8th of May 1995 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War.
The sculpture is made in the style of social realism. Marshal Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov is depicted on a hors that stamps the standards of Nazi Germany. The monument provokes an allusion to Saint George defeating the Serpent. The hero stands up in his stirrups welcoming his comrades. The sculptor tried to portray the most solemn episode in the life of Zhukov when he reviewed the troops during the victory parade on the 24th of June 1945.