The monument to Vladimir Mayakovsky was established in 1958 in Moscow on Mayakovsky Square (now it is Triumfalnaya Square). The sculpture is the monumental art of federal significance.
The sculpture is made from bronze and is mounted on a granite pedestal. Mayakovsky stands with his jacket wide open in a pose of a reader. In his left hand he holds a notebook.
The opening of the monument took place on the 28th of July 1958 on the square that since the mid 1930s was named after Mayakovsky. Subsequently Mayakovsky monument became a traditional meeting place for poets.