Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 Novodevichy Convent (Bogoroditse-Smolensky Monastery) 

 
 

     Novodevichy Convent (Bogoroditse-Smolensky Monastery) is an orthodox convent of the Russian Church in Moscow. Novodevichy Convent was founded by Grand Prince Vasily III in 1524 in honor of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God "Protectress" as the main sanctuary of Smolensk, in gratitude for taking Smolensk in 1514. The monastery is located on the Virgin's Field in the bend of the Moskva River, near Luzhniki, at the end of the historical part Prechistenka Street (now Big Pirogov Street). Now Novodevichy Convent is both a functioning monastery and a branch of the State Historical Museum. Since 2010 the church is the museum of the Moscow Diocese of the ROC.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru