Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 All Saints Church 

 
 

All Saints Church is a parish church of the Orthodox Deanery of the Diocese of Moscow. The church was built in 1733-1736 years in the village of All Saints on the initiative of Princess Darya Archilovna. The main altar was consecrated in honor of All Saints Day, the side chapels in honor of the Mother of God "Joy of All Who Sorrow" and in honor of the righteous Simeon and Anna the Prophetess.
The architecture of the church dates back to the early Baroque and mediates between the temples of Peter the Great and the developed Barocco buildings of the middle of the 18th century. For the churches of this period it is typical to have heavy proportions. The building consists of a quadrangle, a refectory and a bell tower. The bell tower of the church has three tiers and is built entirely in the style of the Moscow architecture of the beginning of the 18th century]. An octagonal column is put on the two-tier bell tower basement. There are narrow arched openings in the column. The bell tower of the temple is often called one of the "Pisan towers" of Moscow - it has a slope of about 5 degrees. Temple underwent major reconstructions in 1886 and 1902-1903.
From 1939 to 1946 the church was closed. In 1992 it received the status of the patriarchal monastery.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru