Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 George Temple 

 
 

George Temple was founded by Patriarch Alexy II next to a memorial in 1993 and it was consecrated in 1995. The architect of the temple is A. Polyansky. The iconostasis is made by A.Chashkin. The authors of bronze bas-reliefs are Z.Andzhaparidze, Z.Tsereteli, of the mosaic icons - E. Klyuchareva. In the entire appearance of the temple can be seen that elements of modernism are added in the Russian style. The shrine of the temple is a part of the relics of the Great Martyr Genus, donated by the Jerusalem Patriarch Diodorus, and that was brought to the church in 1998. A children's Sunday school works in the temple. The temple-chapel of the Archangel Michael at the Memorial Museum of the Patriotic War of 1812 is connected with the temple.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru