Temple of St. Nicholas in Tverskaya Zastava is an Old Believers’ church, built on the place of a wooden chapel in Tverskaya Zastava. The construction of the church began in 1914 and it was consecrated in 1921. Now the church is a monument of architecture.
Life in the temple lasted only for 20 years. In 1941 it was closed. At the beginning of the Great Patriotic War in the temple was a warehouse of a local air defense. Later it housed the workshop of sculptor S.M. Orlov. It was here where he worked on the monument to Yuri Dolgoruky. Then it housed the workshop of All Union art-production plant of E.V. Vutetich.
In 1993 the church was transferred to the Russian Orthodox Old Believers' Church. The first prayer in the aisle of Elijah the Prophet was held in 1995. In the Church works an Old Believers’ bookstore.