Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 Church of Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God in Alexeyev 

 
 

Church of Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God in Alexeyev (Tikhvin Church) is an Orthodox church that belongs to the Trinity deanery. The church is located near VDNKh metro station. Nowadays there are a church choir and a Sunday school for children. Also catechetical conversation are held in the church.
In 1673 Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich ordered to build in Kopytovo village a new church in the name revered in Russia miraculous Our Lady of Tikhvin,. It was decided to build the church near the royal palaces on the travel pilgrimage road to Trinity-Sergius Lavra to the relics of St. Sergius of Radonezh,. In 1680 4 years after the death of Alexei Mikhailovich the consecration of the church took place. From the Kremlin to the church went a procession with the Patriarch and Tsar Feodor Alekseevich who gave the temple the main shrine - the miraculous icon of Our Lady of Tikhvin. The bell tower of the temple was built in 1824.
In the church are preserved king’s and queen’s prayer rooms in the south-western and north-eastern parts of the temple. In the royal chapel a round stove is still well preserved. The stove was created by local artists of the 17th century and is decorated with gorgeous colored glaze tiles.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru