Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 Trinity Temple in Horoshovo 

 
 

Trinity Temple in Horoshovo is a parish church of the Moscow Patriarchate. It was built in 1598 after the order of Boris Godunov in his patrimony Horoshovo village. It was modeled after the Small Cathedral of Donskoi Monastery. The refectory and the bell date back to the 19th century.
The exterior decoration of the temple combines splendor of corbel arches under the central and lateral domes and modesty of facades and apses. In the middle of the 18th century ramshackle belfry was dismantled and a separate bell tower was built that is preserved up to the present day. In 1939 the church was closed. In 1963-1964 it was restored and partially returned to its original appearance, with some exceptions. For example, it was impossible to restore the skived advanced portals. The refectory and the bell tower were not restored. Only in the 1990s the church was given to the believers. The shrine of the temple is the especially venerated icon of the Georgian Mother of God.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru