The Moscow Psychiatric Hospital № 1 named after N.A. Alekseev (also "Kashchenko" or "Kanatchikov Dacha") is a famous psychiatric clinic, located in Moscow, on the Zagorodnoe highway. Before 1994 it was named after P. Kashchenko. And the name "Kanatchikov dacha" is given by the area in which the hospital is built - in the middle of the XIX century there was merchant Kanatchikov’s estate situated.
The hospital was opened in 1894 at the expense of the patrons. The fundraiser was held at the initiative of the mayor of Moscow N.A. Alekseev. The land behind the Serpukhovskaya Zastava was purchased the merchant Kanatchikov, and the merchant Ermakov paid for building the Ermakovsky body.
Since 1922, the hospital was called The Hospital named after P.P. Kashchenko in honor of the chief doctor, who worked in the hospital for four years. In 1994, the hospital was returned to its former name - the name of N.A. Alekseev.
The museum presents the information on the historical past of the Psychiatric Hospital named after N.A. Alexeev. The old case histories, records, reports, photos, portraits of hospital staff, their biographies, information about the patrons, the participants of the Great Patriotic War, the veterans of labor, production department of occupational therapy are stored in the hospital. Excursion service by appointment only.