Moscow Electromechanical Plant named after Vladimir Lenin was founded by the Englishmen Wrigley and Hopper in 1847. The plant produced steam engines, casting. In 1887, the plant organized the first underground Marxist workers' circle. The relationships with the St. Petersburg "League of Struggle for the Emancipation of the Working Class," which was led by Lenin were established. The plant becomes the genuine Bolshevik center of the Moskva River and the whole of Moscow. August 30, 1918 at the plant an attempt on Vladimir Lenin was taken, which led him to serious injuries. September 9, 1922 the plant was named after Vladimir Lenin. The plant was part of the structure of the People's Commissariat of the USSR ammunition. Since 1947, it has been manufacturing electrical products and electric motors. The plant currently produces modern household electric cookers and electric motors.
The museum is housed in the plant and contains documents, layouts, product samples and other artifacts related to the history of foundation of the factory in 1847. In the town square in front of the plant management a memorial stone made by sculptor S.D. Mercurov was installed in the place of the assassination attempt in 1918.
Every day – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., except Saturday and Sunday.