Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 Kolomenskoye estate 

 
 

     Kolomenskoye is a former royal residence and a village in Moscow Region. Now it is a state historical, architectural, nature and landscape open-air museum. It is situated to the south from the city centre and occupies 390 hectares. Kolomenskoye is a part of Moscow State United Open-Air Museum Kolomenskoye-Lefortovo-Ljublino-Izmaylovo.
      In Kolomenskoye in Chucrh of Icon of Kazan of the God's Mother one of the most esteemed icons in modern Russia is kept. That is the icon Our Lady Derzhavnaya.
      Vasily III built here in 1528-1532 the famous tent church of Ascension. Ivan the Terrible built in thr neighbouring village Dyakovo (now it's a part of the estate) church of Beheading of St. John the Baptist. Kolomenskoye was a favourite residence of tsar Aleksey Mikhailovich and that was a flourishing time for the estate.
    Kolomenskoye museum was founded in 1923 after the initiative of architect-instaurator Petr Dmitrievich Baranovsky who became its first director. At the end of the 1920s according to his idea to create a museum of wooden architecture old wooden buildings were brought to the territory of the estate: a small household building from Preobrazhenskoe village that was titled "a house to cook honey" in the museum, the house of Peter the Great from Arkhangelsk and the Mokhov Tower from Sumskiy Posad of the 17th century.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru