Moscow sightseeing tours
excursions!

 
   
 
 
Call us: +7 (965) 3813957 E-mail: mosguides@mail.ru
 
 
 

News

 

 Lefortovo park 

 
 

     Lefortovo park is a Moscow historical and nature memorial that borders upon the Catherine Palace in Lefortovo. It was built in 1703. At the end of the 19th - beginning of the 20th century it had the name of Cadet because of the building of the Third Moscow Cadet Corps that was near the park.
     Former Golovinsky garden was called "Versailles on the Yauza river" in the time of empress Anna Ioannovna. The first layout was Dutch and there are still instances of it in the park: a linden alley, rotunda summerhouse, five ponds, banks and F.B.Rastrelli grotto. Under the park is Lefortovo tunnel. During the Soviet times the park had a different name. It was called a Park of Officer's Club in Moscow District.


 
     
 

 Photo 

 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 

© 2010. All right reserved.
Made by www.yasite.ru