The main Botanical Garden of the Russian Academy of Sciences named after N.V.Tsitsin is the largest one in Europe that has collection of plants representing a rich plant life of almost all continents and all climatic zones on the Earth. The garden was founded on the 14th of April in 1945, its first director was Nikolai Vasiljevich Tsitsin. There are more than 8220 species and 8110 shapes and varieties of plants ( 16330 taxons altogether) in the garden. There are a lot of botanical expositions created due to the use of different modern techniques of modern landscape design. These expositions include plants representing Russian plant kingdom, plant kingdom of the USSR, an arboretum, tropical and subtropical plant life, cultivated plants.
Everyday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursdays, Mondays – days off
The fund orchard house is open every day except Thursdays.