Central museum of Federal Security of Russia was founded in 1914 in St. Petersburg in 1914. In1932 a museum was reconstructed in Moscow. The building of the museum was built in 1908 upon the project by architect N.P. Evlanov.
The museum funds have collections of photomaterials, record files representing the history of border - security troops, first chairman of All- Russian Extraordinary commission F.E. Dzerginskiy`s and his deputy of Joint State Political Directorate V.R.Menginskiy`s (1926—1934) documents, a collection of photocopies of documents with the information about the organization and development of frontier service in he USSR since 1918.
There are about 60 thousands of exhibits and collections in the museum which include documents, weapons, banners, uniform, pictures, photos, video-and cinemamaterials that cove the whole period of existence of border service.